Blueberry muffin cookies


I woke up this morning early and looked outside to a dark and rainy morning. I considered my options and decided spending an hour curled up under the duvet with my book, was the best one. 

So as I read about the French Revolution... lust, and greed... slowly, I felt myself waking up fully and I began to hear the little voice inside of me saying, "I need coffee now woman!" Since currently I'm reading a book set in France, I must admit, there was a bit of a French accent to the voice.

To make the morning a little brighter, I decided to try out these cookies... They are everything you love about blueberry muffins... in a cookie. After making these I'm not really sure I need a muffin ever again. You could make these with other berries too.


Blueberry muffin cookies


Streusel Topping
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
8 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces

Muffin Cookie 
10 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup of plain yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
6 oz blueberries
 
Place flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine. Add cold butter into bowl and using a pastry blender or a fork cut butter into dry mixture until it resembles small pellets. Set aside
 
Preheat oven to 375 F
 
Place butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat and heat until butter becomes brown and smells nutty. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
 Beat granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended. Add in melted butter and beat until combined. Add in egg and beat until mixture becomes light and opaque, about 3-4 minutes. Add in vanilla and yogurt and beat until combined.

Sift together cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt, then add this mixture into wet mixture and mix until combined. Gradually add in flour and combine. Gently fold in blueberries. The dough will be sticky.

Drop two tablespoons on parchment lined baking sheet. Bake one tray at a time for 8 minutes. Remove cookie filled bake sheet and heavily sprinkle streusel on top of cookies and gently press onto cookie, about 1 tablespoon per cookie (don’t worry if it spills onto the bake sheet, it can't be helped). Return baking sheet to oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cookies cool on bake sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
And then, devour them with hot tea or coffee while looking outside at the rain, picturing your favorite place in the whole entire world. Seriously, it just makes them that much better.
 
I leave you with this picture of Brina I took purely by accident yesterday. I snapped the camera while I was moving it off my shoulder and preparing to turn it off. The picture just cracks me up.
 
 

Comments

Unknown said…
What a great dessert:)

Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill
ang said…
How different, I must try this! Lovely blog & farm you have:)

Popular Posts