Day by day...

 photo IMG_2132blog_zps991d2642.jpg

My days are up and down. I'm up for a bit, down for a bit... sometimes I feel OK, sometimes I feel terrible. Last night I slept for 12 hours (after two days off the farm) and I felt not too bad this morning...for a while. It's hard to go with the flow, but there isn't any other option so I take things as they come and one minute at a time. I try to remember to be as grateful as possible for every minute of feeling better, and for being able to do a little more than I was able to before.

Yesterday I went for a short ride on one of our trails with Kevin while he picked up some wood we had cut over a year ago. We took our farm truck because the seat is padded good for me.

 photo IMG_2135blog_zps9847f747.jpg

Yesterday was the kind of day when everything is perfect, the color, the temperature... it's kind of like a fantasy land in the forest on days like these, you feel like Alice in wonderland.

I waited to see the white rabbit with the big pocket watch, but I didn't see him.

 photo IMG_2143blog_zps830f6db6.jpg

I just wore my PJs which happen to have feet in them. Very handy.. and forest creature like...

 photo IMG_2144blog_zpsa8b4290c.jpg

and I sat there while Kevin loaded up all the wood. I guess it's not so bad just watching but part of me wants to be helping like I usually would...

This morning I was able to go up to the barn for a while to do a few small things...

 photo IMG_2151blog_zps30e22fb3.jpg

Look how big the Pygmy girls are getting! Even little Puffin is growing, although she's still a teeny weenie...

 photo IMG_2158blog_zpsd63be4e4.jpg

Hi Puffin... you sure are cute...

 photo IMG_2159blog_zps5b3b2437.jpg

Aurora just went straight to work on cleaning duty, in the barnyard there are a lot of leaves needing to be picked up... and eaten...

 photo IMG_2163blog_zps5d48718e.jpg

Max was pretty happy to see his mom show up at the barn for a bit...

 photo IMG_2164blog_zpsad15ecfd.jpg

There's a smile...

 photo IMG_2165blog_zps742e0102.jpg

OK, snuggle time...

 photo IMG_2190blog_zps391f14a1.jpg

Oh hi, Henrietta...

 photo IMG_2191blog_zps2cef1053.jpg

You look pretty silly acting like a billy goat...

 photo IMG_2198blog_zps0dcd1f54.jpg

Barnaby: She's got the faces down right, but that's about it... she doesn't smell as good as I do...

 photo IMG_2199blog_zps846b6dc9.jpg

Barnaby: and she is not as handsome as me... no one is... 

 photo IMG_2200blog_zpsf939d39b.jpg

Barnaby: Look at how the girls all flock towards me... hey, you, ladies, come back here!

 photo IMG_2218blog_zps07be9e59.jpg

Bulrush: I'm glad all I have to do is eat food and be cute. It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. 

 photo IMG_2210blog_zpse40ac6aa.jpg

And there is handsome buck #2...

 photo IMG_2214blog_zps36c7a388.jpg

I raised him from one day old... And even though he is a stinky mess during rut....

 photo buckwheatkissblog_zpsc940d5dd.jpg

He's still my baby.

 photo IMG_2167blog_zpsf51e848b.jpg

The boys are loving this good weather we've been having (minus the couple of days of rain)...

 photo IMG_2184blog_zps83f0ea1c.jpg

lots of flying bugs are still out for Rollie to chase too...

 photo IMG_2174blog_zps5baf087d.jpg

Lots of things to sniff... and since they are all boys... pee on...

 photo IMG_2170blog_zps9d8da7df.jpg

Douglas: Um, this doesn't taste as good as it looks... 

 photo PicMonkeyCollage_zpsb37d2434.jpg


Oh and we've already had progress on Ellie's bum. I know the first picture was never very good because of the sun, but you can see how dry and flaky and chaffed it was? Now, no more flakes. The moisture in the second picture is because I had just put some bag balm on it. She is not incontinent or peeing on herself it seems the only problem was in the cage she was in before she must have been lying her pee, because she's completely dried up and in less than 3 days I've seen major improvements, even the redness is down. I never expected to see a change that fast! Hopefully it's healed quicker than we ever imagined and she'll not have to worry about a sore bum anymore.

No sore bums and no sore bellies would be a major accomplishment on this farm! :)

Comments

jaz@octoberfarm said…
i can't believe how covered in pee those silly boys are! glad you are getting around a bit!
Lana said…
Wow Barnaby is such a handsome goat! Very regal looking. :) And I am so glad to hear your bunny is healing right up. Yay!!
IanH said…
Sounds like you are improving nicely! Hang in there!
Rollie better watch out. Some of those bugs are likely bigger than he is. Who could hug a stinky old buck?
Terra said…
Your animals are cuties, except for Barnaby who is more on the noble handsome side. Cute pjs too.
so happy for the mama bunny and LOVE the feetie pj's. :)
Dewena said…
Puffin is a darling, Henrietta looks like she talks to you, Bulrush looks so very wise, and Ellie's little bum is healing. Now to only get their Mom feeling good again!
Suzan said…
So glad that you're able to get out a little bit more!! As you said -- you're getting more and more better days!! Hopefully, the number of your good days will grow to the point that you'll only be counting the few bad days ever so seldom!! Know your Babes LOVE having you out and about and given those special treats!! Everyone looks healthy and happy!! Continue to improve!!
I'm glad you got out for a bit! I love your footie PJs! I want some like that :) Puffin is just the cutest little thing ever. I just want to give her a big hug and cuddle!
jody said…
Stopping by to check on you.. Glad you get out into that wonderful forest of yours! So nice to get caught up on all those fur babe too! I hope you have more sunshine than us its been raining/dreary a bit to much even for me!

Popular Posts